Think Productive North America collects, uses and discloses personal information in compliance with the requirements of the Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (the “Act”) and the provisions of the Canadian Standards Association’s Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information (the “Code”) incorporated into the Act.
Think Productive North America limits the collection of personal information to the amount and type of information that is required to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected. Collection of personal information is always made by fair and lawful means. We do not collect personal information indiscriminately, but limit such collection to the purposes identified in this Policy.
· what kind of information we collect;
· when and how we might use that information;
· how we protect the information;
· the choices you have with respect to your personal information.
Purpose of information collection
Think Productive North America uses and discloses personal information for the following limited purposes:
· to provide advice and services to you;
· to assess applications submitted to us for employment opportunities with our company;
· to establish and maintain client lists;
· to analyze the effectiveness of marketing and sales information, for example, to assess the geographical impact of advertising and marketing;
· to establish and maintain mailing lists, which are used to communicate with you;
· to include you in any direct marketing activities conducted by our company (such as the delivery of Newsletters or invitations to seminars or workshops that we may be conducting).
Information that you provide to us through the contact form is used primarily for the purpose of responding to your inquiry. We may also use the information you provide to us to communicate with you in the future. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may opt-out (unsubscribe) as described below. If you tell us that you do not wish to receive information about our services, we will not send you any further material.
If you apply for a job at our company and we do not offer a position to you, we do not retain the information provided with your application. If we offer you a job that you accept, the information you provided with your application will be retained in your employee file in accordance with our policies respecting employee information.
What personal information do we collect and how is it used?
a) User-supplied information: If you fill out the “contact” form on this website, we will ask you to provide some personal information (such as e-mail address, name, phone number, and address). Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information (e.g. Social Security Number; date of birth; driver’s license number; or credit card, bank account or other financial information). If you submit any sensitive information, you do so at your own risk and we will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission.
b) Web server logs: When you visit our website, we may track information about your visit and store that information in web server logs, which are records of the activities on our sites. The servers automatically capture and save the information electronically. Examples of the information we may collect include:
· your unique Internet protocol address;
· the name of your unique Internet service provider;
· the town/city, county/state and country from which you access our website;
· the kind of browser or computer you use;
· the number of links you click within the site;
· the date and time of your visit;
· the web page from which you arrived at our site;
· the pages you viewed on the site; and
· certain searches/queries that you conducted via our website(s).
The information we collect in web server logs helps us administer the site, analyze its usage, protect the website and its content from inappropriate use and improve the user’s experience.
d) Third-party Services: We may use services hosted by third parties to assist in providing our services and to help us understand the use of our site by our visitors. These services may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including your IP address or cookies. If these third-party services collect information, they do so anonymously and in the aggregate to provide information helpful to us such as website trends, without identifying individual visitors.
How is personal information protected?
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Among the steps taken to protect your personal information are:
· Premises security;
· Restricted file access to personal information;
· Technological safeguards like security software and firewalls to
· prevent hacking or unauthorized computer access;
· Internal password and security policies.
Who has access to the information?
Except for the purposes described below, access to personal data you supply to us is restricted to employees of Think Productive North America, solely for the purposes described in this policy.
We will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or other user data to others, and we will not make your personal information available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
· to agents, website vendors and/or contractors who may use it on our behalf or in connection with their relationship with us;
· as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, as needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets (for example, if we are acquired by another firm or if we are liquidated during bankruptcy proceedings), or if we believe in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect our rights or property.
Personal information that is no longer required is destroyed or rendered anonymous.
How can I correct, amend or delete my personal information and/or opt out of future communications?
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. Contact us via the phone number, contact form or mailing address on our website at any time to unsubscribe from mailing lists.
We investigate all complaints received by us and will respond in writing in a timely manner. If a complaint is found to be justified, we will take appropriate measures to resolve the matter to the satisfaction of the complainant.
Our Privacy Officer can be reached in writing at:
Think Productive North America
PO Box 208
St Marys Ontario N4X 1B1
In the event that you are not satisfied with the response you receive from our Privacy Officer, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at the following address:
Privacy Commissioner of Canada
112 Kent Street